Friday, December 3, 2010

running

So due to some unfortunate circumstances I wasn't able to race at states. Thus ending my season prematurely.

I am taking the entire month of December away from the bike except for rays and the 2 cap-city races. The reason I am doing the cap city races is because, I felt like my legs were just waking up at Kirtland, and don't have that feeling of 'burnout'.

I have however started my 'cross-training'. I am running. Yes, I just said 'I am running'. I have ran 5 of the last 7 days. 4-6 miles each time. Pace between 8:30-9:30 min/miles. This long winter I plan on doing a good amount of running/hiking. Ordered some nice new Keen hiking boots to make sure I force myself into doing that rather than putting a large dent in my couch.



I have some other goals later on in this long long thing we have, sometimes referred to as a 'cleveland winter'.
I am hoping to both
1. lose 10-15lbs
2. actually learn how to use my powertap(i.e. "train") with the help of someone who knows what the f they are doing-because I sure as hell don't.

If I come through with these 2 things, I should have a wonderful season next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment