Saturday, August 15, 2009

road ends here

This was my introduction to racing last year. Its what got me hooked. I had to make it down to this one. The Dr. always puts on a good show. Only gripe was I wish I knew that there were KOMs. I would have gone for one(now it makes sense why dan quinlin kept looking back). I'm sure i am not the only one who didn't know about these.

The race had 41 starters including the 11 1/2's that joined us. The hill was tougher than a lot of people thought. The road of gravel made for a lot of stones to the face. 5 laps went by, and then it was the finish. That long false flat finish was tough. I felt good heading up, and was in good position, but slowly the legs were pleading for it to stop. I ended up 8th in the cat 3 category, not sure how far back overall.

Road season is pretty much coming to an end. I have gotten a lot stronger than I was last year. I plan on continuing to grow with my riding, and have a stellar 2010 season. I already have some goals in mind. Also shopping around for a new kit.

With the end of road, comes cross.

Our attempt at no-tubeing my cross wheels was a failure. I have bontrager race X lites which are super nice wheels $900 msrp, dt 240 hubs, etc. But, do I purchase a tubular wheelset?? Like a williams cycling cross wheelset. I need a pair of pit wheels regardless. Maybe I could make the race X lites pit wheels, and run williams tubulars. But running 370 wheels and having 900 wheels sit on the grass seems odd. I need some direction here.

2 more westlakes, and maybe marion.

No comments:

Post a Comment