Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh, Wendy




Why, must you be so cruel to me? I've raced you three times now and have yet to finish. 3 flats in 3 years.
2 years ago was my first cross race- I made it 500 feet and flatted.
last year I made it about 1/2 way
Today I made it about 2/3s
At the rate I'm going- and according to my calculations being double checked by the Lake Effect Laboratory; by 2013 I should be able to complete a whole race @ Wendy Park without getting a flat.

$65 the past 2 weekends and I get DNFs. I don't know what I did to piss off the cycling gods. I mean, yea I ran Bontrager wheels on my Specialized, and I haven't cut the steertube on my trek yet, but does it really warrant the pain you are causing me?

I plan on being extra nice to the gods this week. I will wash my bikes, wave to every cyclist I see, and try to commute to work almost every day. I need to redeem myself so I can do well at KINGS CX and get PAID! 15 deep.

Besides for getting a flat, the rest of the race sucked for me. I got a bad start, and knew immediately that today wasn't my day. So I guess without the flat I still would have had a bad race at Wendy. Thank God for Melt afterward.

Great Job to Matt Weeks for killing it. and John Proppe for getting some cash for 6th.
Great Job to Team Spin/RR Donnely for putting on a fun race regardless of my bad luck.
And a Get Well Soon to my teammate Robert Sroka for the nasty fall he took.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to say it's that 11-28 on that double set up.

    Or the Powertap mount still connected.

    But most likely your brakes are so tight that in that picture above your braking at full force.

    ReplyDelete