Wednesday, March 24, 2010

group ride

First group ride of the year. First time in a group since racing in August. Rode up to Spin with my freshly shaved legs where I saw a pretty decent turnout. I was the only one with jersey and shorts. Most everyone else had vests, warmers, winter gloves etc. Luckily, I didn't get cold, until the ride home.

I hit 1221 watts on the first town line sprint I participated in. Had some 27mph paceline going for a little bit. Then it was time for hospital hill. I thought, hey lets see how fat I've got over winter. I look back after a few hammer throws and everyones in the distance. About 3/4 up, I see Aussie(wait didnt he get stuck at the light back a few miles ago?) closing in fast, and passed me like I was sitting still. I hacked up my lungs for the rest of the night.

Filled up the bottle at the shop, and took off for the ride home. It was slow, but I saw my boss on the way home, and that helped make a couple miles easier. Got home and ate alot. Probably shouldn't have ate the extra spicy sausage after such a hard ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment